One Camera HeadStar VNG Equipment
Full Featured Premium VNG Vestibular Diagnostic Equipment
Monocular: One Camera, Two Channel
Objectively identify and assess vestibular balance disorders with Difra HeadStar VNG equipment available exclusively from Secure Health, Inc.
Vestibular Testing Equipment: Secure Health, Inc. offers a series of premium vestibular diagnostic testing equipment to find the affected component of balance disorders, including videonystagmography VNG testing equipment, designed for an accurate diagnosis. We also provide proven vestibular treatment programs and an effective patient education program.
Premium New Difra VNG Devices: Our HeadStar videonystagmography VNG devices are manufactured by Difra Instrumentation. Difra is a leading global manufacturer of diagnostic balance technology for more than 48 years.
--Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BBPV)
--Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) -- binocular is recommended
--Central Nervous System Injuries (CNS) / Central Lesions
--Other peripheral vestibular dysfunctions
--Peripheral vestibular function
HeadStar full feature VNG testing capabilities include:
• TESTS: Random Saccades; Smooth Pursuits; OPK Optokinetics - Horizontal / Vertical; AHR Active Head Rotation - Horizontal / Vertical; Spontaneous Nystagmus, Gaze - Up, Down, Right, Left; Dix-Hallpike - Left / Right; Body Positioning - Supine, Left, Right; and Calorics - Warm Right, Warm Left, Cool Right, Cool Left
Overview of Full Featured HeadStar VNG:
Monocular: One Camera, Two Channel
• Full battery of VNG tests
• Video recording and replay of tracking of the eye
• 50 Hz tracking speed (200 Hz tracking upgrade available - full featured binocular NysStar VNG only)
• Device autodetection
• Visiobox oculography module
• Automatic comprehensive, customizable reports with age-dependent normative data
• Export results over network (intranet or internet) to EMR (electronic medical records). All data is stored on the disk and can be archived automatically.
• Wireless remote control (foot switch available)
• High definition camera easily moves from left eye to right
• USB 2.0 digital camera resolution: 640 X 480 pixels
• Removable eye cover for vision denied recording
• Eye automatic centering on pupil
• User intuitive software
• Most current software = Windows 10 compatible
• Sound indication for test progress
• Unlimited test sequence protocols
• Video recording/replay capabilities
• Analyze, edit and modify tests
• Includes database - Firebird (standard) MySQL (also available)
• Automatic results analysis
• Multiple levels of password security for doctor, staff and HIPAA compliance
• Goggle is designed with a bridge hinge to fit a broader range of head shapes/sizes
• Lightweight goggle is ideal for Video Head Impulse Testing -- vHit testing
• vHit three axis or lateral module available
• Goggle pads assist with improved comfort
• Laptop computer - 15.6" - Standard
• 32" Monitor - Standard
• Billable under codes: 92540, 92543 (4 units) and 92546. Refer to our billing and coding page for optional codes.
• Remote access reduces downtime--our technical support team can easily remote access your VNG software to troubleshoot and resolve software or hardware issues
• Manufactured by Difra Instrumentation -- Difra is a leading global manufacturer of diagnostic balance technology for more than 48 years.
One camera? Two cameras? What is the right choice?
Difra Full Featured VNG Equipment List
HeadStar VNG System Components:
1. VNG (videonystagmography) goggles
2. High definition USB camera
3. 50 Hz Tracking Speed (200 Hz upgrade available for full featured binocular NysStar VNG)
4. 32" monitor for effective patient stimulus -- projector or larger monitor available
5. Caloric irrigator: AIR (standard); Water and Water Cooled Air also available
6. Laptop computer - 15.6"
7. VNG software
8. Connecting cables
9. Durable carrying case for VNG goggles and components
Optional upgrades for caloric choices: Water-cooled air or water
Which is best for my application, VNG Monocular (one camera, two channel) or VNG Binocular (two cameras, four channel)?
The primary advantage to binocular recording rather than monocular is that with monocular you can often overlook disconjugate eye movements (i.e., when the eyes are not moving synchronously together).
This would be most common with paralyses of one or more of the extraocular eye muscles or with lesions affecting the medial longitudinal fasiculus which is the major pathway that pairs the eyes together for versional horizontal deviations. Often times you may also have one eye that captures or records poorer than the other such as with individuals who have had prior eye surgeries in which case having dual recording is also more beneficial.
--Troy D. Hale, Au.D, FAAA
--Doctor of Audiology, Asst. Professor ATSU
Secure Health, Inc. is the exclusive US agent for Difra Instrumentation, a world's leading manufacturer of diagnostic balance disorder technology for more than 48 years.